The perfect cat eye for Halloween kitties
Spookily simple beauty starts with the eyes
The classic cat eye beauty look is for life, not just for Halloween. It’s a style that has been rocked by everyone from Sophia Loren and Brigitte Bardot to Adele and Doja Cat.
And, while achieving it requires a steady hand, it doesn’t have to be a drama.
Here’s how it’s done.
- Prep the skin. That means thoroughly cleansing, toning, and moisturizing. Add a little eye gel if your skin is puffy or red. Apply a primer.
- Line the upper lashline slowly, using small but confident strokes, from the inner corner of the eye. You can build up the thickness as you go along.
- As a guide, mirror the angle of your eye, picturing your lower lash line extended to a wing. Draw an outline with dots, then fill it in once you’re happy with the shape. If you're feeling sassy, add a flash of color!
- Use a pointed cotton swab dipped in micellar water to clean up any messy bits. Then curl your lashes and apply thick black mascara.
- Add some concealer under your eyes to really make them pop.
Once you’ve perfected the technique, you can play around with shape, length of flick, and color of liner. Basically, anything goes. Send us your results and inspire us!
LINE SMOOTHER + PRIMER
The perfect cat eye starts with the base. Create a beautifully smooth canvas using AmazingCosmetics’ genius primer. Happy users reported a 13x increase in firmness and 15% noticeable visible reduction in wrinkle depth and volume after 15 days of use. And they said only a cat had nine lives!
SHOP NOW >
CRUELTY FREE 3 PIECE EYE BRUSH SET
Next, get the right tools. Without the correct brushes, you're doomed before you even start. This three-piece set from Dome Beauty is designed to respond to the varying contours of the face, for a fluid, flawless application. And, since you ask, those hairs are 100% synthetic and cruelty free.
SHOP NOW >
BLACK OUT EYELINER SUBTLE TO SMOKEY GEL EYELINER
Define your eyes in as little as one stroke with this silky-smooth liner. It’ll last all night, and is sweat proof even after the most intense monster mash.
SHOP NOW >
ICONOCLAST EYESHADOW PALETTE
Jaipur MarblesThe first eye shadow palette ever using revolutionary Knead Technology, a unique mixing method of ingredients for a silky smooth application and long-lasting intense colour pay-off.
Reminiscent of fine-coloured marble and precious stones, this palette includes a translucent pearl, a tarnished gold, a shimmery deep pink and a green-grey that suits all eye colours, complexions and looks.
Leave a comment