A Pride weekend manifesto
We’re standing alongside our friends in the LGBTQIA+ community this month and every month, celebrating the rights they have fought for, and which continue to be under threat. Which is why you’ll find us supporting queer founders like Ludovic Audesson of Rejucream and Darnell Henderson of Himistry Naturals. And why we’re working to redefine traditional beauty standards, recognizing the beauty in all of us, regardless of race, identity, age, size, or sexual orientation.
You, my friend, are truly beautiful. Perfect in your glorious imperfection. We want you to know it and believe it.
- Your individuality is your superpower. Harness it. When you free yourself from trying to conform to outdated ideas of beauty, you will discover your true self.
- Lift others up. That’s inner beauty right there, and it’s intoxicating.
- Do things that make you feel gorgeous. If that’s wearing glitter eye shadow every day, do it. If it’s a red lip or a bold shoe, a regular massage, a yoga class, or a mani pedi, make it happen. When you feel beautiful, you’ll look beautiful.
- Rethink your “flaws”. You may hate your wrinkles, scars, stretch marks. Maybe that gap in your teeth has plagued you since childhood. But those parts of you are what mark you out as an individual. They tell the world that you’re a survivor; someone who has lived, loved, and come out the other side. You, my friend, are a badass. Give that incredible body a hug from us.
- Follow social media accounts that normalize non-traditional standards of beauty. Only you know what that means for you – but find them and start seeing yourself in a new light.
Join us in celebrating Pride weekend, fighting to end the homophobia, transphobia, sexism, ageism, and all manner of bigotry and prejudice that still exist today.