Is it just us?
We get home late. We’re tired and it takes all our energy not to leave all our clothes in a heap on the floor. Then we have to remove our make-up? Honestly, sometimes we can be forgiven for not giving the job the attention it deserves.
Never mind all those beauty tutorials that tell us how to apply make-up - do we REALLY know how to take it off?
As the song goes, it ain’t what you do it’s the way that you do it. And that goes for skincare too. So let’s get started.
- Clean hands first - do you really want to pass on all the dirt and impurities on your fingers to your face?.
- Pre-cleanse by removing all your make-up with a make-up remover or oil-based cleanser.
Vera Moore’s soothing eye make-up remover with plant extracts is a gentle formulation that removes all traces of eye make-up without irritation. It will calm, refresh, hydrate and help reduce puffiness around the eyes. Fragrance free and paraben free.
3. Splash your face with lukewarm to open up pores, allowing the cleanser to penetrate effectively
4. Apply the cleanser, gently massaging for about a minute and focusing on congested areas like the T zone.
SkinKick’s Daily Exfoliant Cleanser is an excellent everyday face wash with super soft natural exfoliants to cleanse skin, clear pores and remove dead skin cells in one step. It also doubles as a calming face mask
5. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
6. Pat dry gently with a soft towel
Olecea Silver + Licorice Root Protective Face Spray contains only clean and vegan ingredients including micronized natural silver that acts as an antimicrobial, anti-redness, anti-acne agent, anti-inflammatory agent, and sun protection agent for the skin. Licorice root extract is proven to brighten the skin and reduce inflammation, with multifunctional allantoin, lavender flower water, and witch hazel water help hydrate and prevent irritation.
8. Add serum - which one you choose will depend on your skin’s specific needs. Choose salicylic acid and retinol if you have acne-prone and oily skin. Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid for dry skin. Or pure, natural ingredients if your skin is sensitive.
Founder’s Formula Wild-harvested Australian Kakadu Plum Vitamin C serum contains the richest source of Vitamin C of any known plant, with exceptionally high levels of phyto-nutrients. It will reduce uneven skin tone, rough texture and improve general dullness, protect against photo-aging, reduce the appearance of fine lines and acne scars, build collagen and elastin, and inhibit dark spots and hyper-pigmentation.
9. Eye cream
Priori Skincare’s R-Spinasome is the Ultimate Eye Cream! Apply for anti-aging, hydration, firmness, and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Veracity Skincare has produced this replenishing, adaptive facial cream that delivers customized hydration, responding to your skin’s unique and supplying dynamic moisture to all layers of the skin for up to 72 hours while softening areas of dryness or depletion.
Here endeth the lesson - go forth and be beautiful, Queens!